Air conditioning Repairs & services Newcastle
Air conditioner services, repair and maintenance
Is your air conditioner playing up? Don’t stress! Call Breeze Air Conditioning for reliable air conditioning repairs and breakdown services throughout the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley and Central Coast regions.
Reverse-cycle air conditioners, whether split system or ducted require regular maintenance to ensure they work at their best. Having your air conditioner serviced regularly will help keep your system efficient and that is good for your power bills!
We provide warranty services for major air-conditioning companies, so if you’re having issues with long waits and annoying online forms, just call us direct for information on units still under warranty. Chances are we can help!
Types of air conditioner repairs we can help solve
Breeze Air can complete a wide range of A/C repairs, including:
- Mending faulty thermostats.
- Replacing or cleaning filters.
- Clearing blockages.
- Topping up refrigerant levels.
- Cleaning and/or replacing evaporator and condenser coils.
- Replacing the capacitor.
- Solving wiring or other electrical issues.
- Repairing or replacing the compressor.
- Any other problems relating to the function and performance of your air conditioning system.
If your unit is in poor shape and requires extensive (expensive) repairs, we may recommend a replacement unit. In these circumstances, we would always recommend energy-efficient, durable options that offer exceptional value.
What does an air conditioner service involve?
When you contact Breeze Air Conditioning Pty Ltd for a service, you can expect to receive a comprehensive check and test of every aspect of your aircon system. One of our technicians will turn up punctually on the appointed date and complete a full service of your system. This will include:
- Checking your A/C unit for signs that water is escaping. This will involve cleaning the unit, removing any build-up of debris and inspecting it for signs of wear and/or damage.
- Cleaning the evaporator/condenser fan, removing dirt and dust.
- Cleaning the fins and air filter.
- Checking the level of coolant and topping them up if necessary.
- Cleaning the evaporator and condensing coils.
- Inspecting the entire system for signs of damage or wear.
- Checking the thermostat.
- Completing checks on performance to ensure the unit is working optimally.
During the servicing process, you will also have the opportunity to make our technicians aware of any concerns you might have about your A/C’s performance so that they can check them out.
Brands we repair and service
We repair all makes and models of air conditioning, including units from manufacturers such as:
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Fujitsu General
Signs you need to fix your aircon
- The aircon takes longer than usual to reach the required temperature or fails to reach the required temperature at all.
- The room temperature fluctuates for no obvious reason.
- The unit makes a strange noise or smells odd.
- Performance is intermittent – the unit may fail, then start up again.
- Less cooling, even when the settings are on maximum.
- Increase energy bills for no apparent reason.
Neglecting these problems may lead to the premature failure of your air conditioning system. In addition, a unit that’s inadequately working is less energy-efficient and more prone to requiring repair.
How to avoid air conditioner troubles
- Keep coolant levels topped up.
- Make sure that ducts and vents are cleaned regularly.
- Keep doors and windows shut when the aircon is on to reduce stress on the system.
- Keep the unit regularly inspected and serviced by a suitably trained technician.
- Use blinds to reduce heat loss/gain through windows.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat.
- Keep humidifiers switched off unless necessary.
How often should my air conditioner be serviced?
Ideally, Air Conditioners should be serviced annually. We recommend servicing before the warmer months, to ensure your system is operating optimally when you need it most.
Call to book your service or repair work on (02) 4948 5309.
Should I repair or replace my air conditioner?
Deciding whether to repair or replace an A/C system can be a difficult decision to make. We’ve highlighted some of the key factors to consider when deciding on repair or replacement.
When to repair
- If your air conditioner is still under warranty, it should be repaired at no cost to you in the event of a fault. Most air conditioning systems come with a 10 to 15-year warranty.
- If the repair is a small one.
- If the system is generally performing well and is a good fit for your household.
- If the repair is due to accidental damage (storm damage, for example) rather than a failure in performance due to wear or mechanical malfunction.
When to replace
- If your air conditioning unit is more than fifteen years old, particularly if it’s breaking down and/or performing suboptimally on a regular basis.
- If repairs are becoming more frequent – if you’ve had more than one repair in the past year, it may be more cost-effective to replace the system.
- If the system isn’t energy efficient (either due to being dated and/or due to failing performance because of wear).
- If the system isn’t keeping your property at the desired temperature.
- If the system no longer meets the needs of your household.
Commercial air conditioning repairs and maintenance
At Breeze Air Conditioning, our quality workmanship doesn’t end after we have finished installing your new commercial air conditioner or ventilation system. Sign up for scheduled maintenance. We offer affordable commercial maintenance contracts and will spare no effort to ensure that your system is functioning the way it should all year round.
We offer a complete repair and maintenance service for commercial Air Conditioning, solving any problems connected with:
- Thermostat issues
- Capacitor work
- Issues with the motor
- Issues with the compressor
- Coolant levels
- Issues with the coils
- Any other issues that arise
Air Conditioning Repair & Servicing FAQs
Do emergency repairs require a follow-up?
We carry a wide selection of parts with us when we attend a job. This enables us to fix most air conditioning problems in a single visit.
What makes and models can you work on?
Do you carry out repairs as part of the servicing process?
We complete minor repairs during servicing. For more extensive repairs or where parts need replacing, we will discuss the work with you and provide an estimate before carrying it out.
Why is my A/C using an increasing amount of refrigerant?
Over time, many A/C systems develop refrigerant leaks. These may be quite small, but over time can lead to a significant loss of refrigerant. If you notice you need to top up your refrigerant more frequently than usual, it’s important to get the problem solved promptly.
Breeze Air Conditioning provides Newcastle air conditioning installation, maintenance and repair services—residential and commercial. When you are looking for a ducted or split system air conditioner or ventilation system, call us first!
Contact Us Today
Get a Quote