At times like this, you need input from the experts. At Breeze Air Conditioning, we’ve been in aircon repairs Newcastle for long enough to give you the right advice in this regard.
Can My Air Conditioner be Repaired?
- A rule of thumb is when the repair will cost a quarter the price of a new unit or less.
- When damage to your unit is straightforward, such as blocked drain lines, a ductwork issue, or simple electrical faults.
- If your aircon unit is less than 10 years old, most repairs will restore optimal efficiency.
- If your energy bill has remained consistent over the past 12 months.
Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
- If your air conditioning unit is more than 10 years old, it’s likely to be using outmoded and possibly dangerous refrigerants.
- When there is damage to major parts, such as the motor, compressor and condenser coils. In this case, repair costs are likely to exceed 25% of the cost of a new air conditioner.
- When your electricity bills have spiked.
- You’re needing to call out an engineer frequently.
- When the unit you have is not right for the space it conditions. Both undersized and oversized aircons should really be replaced.
Breeze Air Conditioning engineers have the experience in doing aircon repairs Newcastle residents and businesses can rely on. All of our repairs are aimed at keeping the units running at optimum levels.
Obviously, on those occasions when replacement is the better option, we can make sure the quality of the air conditioner you get is a better match for the job than its predecessor.
Our principle advice—before it gets to any of these circumstances—is to have your air conditioner cleaned regularly. Check your unit’s manual to see how to go about this. We’re happy to talk you through the process and, at the same time, you’ll be able to arrange an annual maintenance check.
Annual air conditioning service is a great way to keep your air conditioner going strong.
If you’re looking for aircon repairs in Newcastle, please don’t hesitate to call us.